We are looking for an experienced SCRUM MASTER to coordinate, implement and continuously improve the scrum method & processes, in order to ensure the delivery of a UMAX software product in time and within budget.
The Scrum Master administers the scrum tasks in our European UMAX Product Development (R&D) environment and provides reporting support. Hence, broadly speaking, the job consists of three parts: planning, follow up, and reporting of the various (short term) project deliverables in our Product Development environment.
The role is based in Ghent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem).
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Scrum Master, you…
- assure an up-to-date sprint planning and communicate the planning & priorities to the team
- make sure that backlog items & related scrum tasks are created, assigned and prioritized to the available resources
- monitor and follow-up time spent /vs/ forecast,
- anticipate & identify potential resource issues (e.g. absence of team-members due to holiday, training, …), detect conflicts on task level, and search for compromises in the prioritization of tasks in order to resolve planning conflicts
- are always aware of the actual situation, monitoring the SCRUM dashboard and ensuring it reflects reality, and ensure that the team also has a clear overview of the status of all tasks at all time
- are the single point of contact for team members with regard to planning, administrative questions and priority setting issues
- manage and professionalize the ALM tools to be able to correctly execute all SCRUM processes
- prepare, organize and lead scrum events (daily stand-up meetings, sprint review, sprint planning, retrospective)
- support the R&D Manager by
- has experience with SCRUM or used to work in an Agile development area
- has experience with planning or ALM tools (TFS, VSTS, ClearCase, …)
- is detailed oriented & accurate; can distinguish priorities and guard them
- has an analytical mind; is solution oriented, has decision making skills
- is a good communicator and makes sure everyone involved has the relevant information
- has affinity with project methodology and project management in an IT consultancy environment
- has a 360° view on all goals
- has a good knowledge of MS Office products (Excel); Power BI is a plus
- is Dutch speaking and has a professional level of English (both verbal and written)
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-hanging technological market
- extensive initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- spacious, modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem, a stone's throw away from the highway
- and… a lot of fun moments!
o providing tools for supporting long term planning and team follow up
o setting up reporting (per customer and activity, KPI follow up…)
o timely reporting inconsistencies and potential risks, and proactively proposing solutions
o making proposals for improvement of existing processes (e.g. ALM, bug fix procedure…)
Our ideal candidate...
We offer you...