Software R&D Manager Europe
As our Software R&D Manager Europe, you will manage the European UMAX software releases through completion. You will be responsible for the full software development life cycle, managing all stages of software development, from functional design to testing and final delivery. You will also manage the Microsoft product releases (test and roll out to our clients) and safeguard the integrity of our UMAX solution.
This position will be based in Sint-Denijs-Westrem (Ghent) and might require occasional travel within Europe.
You will report to the VP Operations Europe.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
• Team & People Management:
. o Organization & management of the team (technical architects, functional analysts, testers, developers…); definition of roles, objectives and priorities
. o Performance monitoring and reviewing
. o Time tracking & Resource allocation
• Quality Monitoring & Process Improvement
• Timely – and within budget - delivery of new product functionalities, in close collaboration with the Product Management, Release Management and the different project teams
• Maintenance Release Management: ensure efficient processing & assessing of incoming product bugs & deliver fixes
• Budget accounting and reporting
• Successful integration of 3rd party software components
Your profile: Lead – Project Manager – People Manager
• Master’s degree, preferably in a software related study
• 5+ years’ relevant experience in a software project management/development role in an international environment
• Helicopter view & able to coordinate between different stakeholders (e.g. Product, Quality, Release Mgmt.)
• Able to deal with deadlines; excellent anticipating skills and strong influencing skills
• “Getting things done” attitude; able to make timely decisions / take decisive actions
• Flexible for occasional international travel (max. 10%) within Europe
• Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English
• People Management skills: you are…
. o a natural born leader who supports & coaches your team in achieving their targets. You kindle enthusiasm and inspire your team members to excel & grow
. o an excellent communicator, ensuring that the right information regarding product development is provided to the right people in a timely manner
. o able to work with remote teams
• Technical skills: you have experience with
. o International Software Project Management (scoping, overheads, planning, budget etc.), SDLC
. o Agile / Scrum development methodology
. o Current Microsoft technologies (and a keen interest in upcoming technologies!)
. o Defect Management, Test Management, Release Management, Software Configuration Management
. o Test-Driven Development & Continuous Integration best practices
. o Integrating 3rd party components into an overall solution
We offer you...
• a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
• to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
• in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
• an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
• modern, spacious headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem, a stone's throw away from the highway
• and… a lot of ‘fun’ moments!