Contract Manager (CIS/ERP software)
We are looking for an experienced CONTRACT MANAGER to manage contracts, deliverables, deadlines, contract terms & conditions while ensuring customer satisfaction.
You ensure consistent management of all UMAX proposals and contracts, including:
- leading and channeling all contract negotiations, thereby mitigating legal, commercial and operational risks
- converting existing perpetual contracts into SaaS contracts
- setting up effective controlling mechanisms & processes to assess projects’ post-award contract risks
You report to the Global VP Business Development and collaborate closely with Business Operations, Finance and Legal.
The role is based in Ghent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem) and requires occasional travel.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Contract Manager, you…
- are involved in the RFP process (write, analyze and respond)
- negotiate price, terms and conditions and manage the contract throughout the process
- are the primary organizational contact during contract negotiations
- perform appropriate legal, financial and operational research to support proposal & contract development
- conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, organizational needs & expectations, legal or regulatory requirements and cost targets
- develop & execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit the organization’s financial performance
- assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text & attachments and maintain deadlines on deliverables
- review contractual performance to ensure compliancy with terms, and to identify risks or conflicts requiring resolution
Our ideal candidate…
- holds a master’s degree
- has min. 7-10 years’ proven experience in complex IT (software) contract negotiation & management
- is proficient in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses
- has experience in applying organizational standard when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts
- is detail-oriented
- is able to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- has strong verbal & written skills, and can convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow
- is collaborative
- has excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations
We offer you...
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- spacious, modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem (Ghent), a stone's throw away from the highway
- and… a lot of ‘fun’ moments!