The software Release Manager guarantees and coordinates the timely deployment of our UMAX software and is responsible for implementing & managing release processes and calendar.
The Release Manager works collaboratively with all business units and IT management to improve the software engineering processes, practices and tooling associated with continuously building, deploying and updating software and environments.
The role will be based in Ghent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem) and might require occasional travel.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Release Manager, you…
- plan the release windows and cycles on organization level, across multiple business units
- manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- work with Release Coordinators to understand impact of branches and code merges
- continually work towards making improvements in the release process and tooling
- maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- research new software development, configuration management methodologies and technologies, and analyze their application to current configuration management needs
- are the technical SPOC for all matters relating to configuration management
- work with development to automate builds and software deployments, and to identify and resolve build or deployment problems
- ensure that appropriate quality steps and approvals are adhered to prior to software releases
- generate and publish software release builds and documentation
Our ideal candidate…
- has a master or bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
- has full lifecycle experience of Development, Test, Production, Configuration, and Software Delivery
- can manage multiple projects with multiple priorities
- has a strong analytical sense and an established business acumen
- has exceptional on-site client relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- has strong problem-solving skills; can resolve challenging, time sensitive issues while maintaining client confidence
- has experience as both, team player and effective team leader
We offer you...
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological marke
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- the opportunity to work for a Microsoft Dynamics Global ISV
- an attractive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem (Ghent), a stone's throw away from the highway
- and... a lot of ‘fun’ moments!