Functional Lead Migration
The Functional Lead Migration will join a (Ghent based) European Project Team, responsible for the successful & timely implementation of the UMAX solution at our customers’ premises.
Within this team, the Functional Lead Migration is responsible for the track that transforms the data from the legacy system(s) to UMAX based on the operating model of the Client.
The Lead Migration takes ownership of test migrations, timely delivery of all deliverables, dry runs and of the final ETL into production.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Functional Lead Migration, you…
- are responsible for transforming the data of the legacy system(s) of the customer (non-UMAX) to the target system (UMAX)
- understand the different data models and have insight in the mapping of legacy IT systems to the target application
- challenge the functional mapping between legacy & target system provided by the customer and the functional migration consultants, and translate it to a high-level mapping
- support a technical migration consultant to perform the detailed technical mapping
- gather & understand information of every functional domain to know the impact of the migrated data on the several business processes, not going into too much detail, but assuring the high-level overview
- are the lead responsible of the test migrations (+/-10) during the project implementation and the final migration to production, incl. delivering the required criteria in each step (as agreed with the customer and according to the detailed activity planning) and the communication & coordination towards the team and customer
- follow-up on deliverables both internally and at the customer
- will work approx. 70% from our HQ near Ghent and 30% at the Client site (UK)
Our ideal candidate…
- has experience managing the data migration from a supplier perspective
- is a team player and coordinator
- has a high-level technical knowledge, being the link between the functional requirements & designs and the developer who writes the ETL scripts
- is able to manage and prioritize all the demands & tasks coming from several parties (test team, functional consultants, data cleansing team, …), and can determine the items with the highest priority
- has knowledge of
- data models, data transformation, inflight processes and cut-over scenario’s (big-bang, phased)
- (preferably) the Utility industry and its processes
- can interact with many other people such as customer, functional consultants and technical consultants
- is assertive enough in order to gather the requested information from the different parties.
- is precise; when in doubt, he/she will ask the right questions in order to understand the details.
- knows the main principles of many domains & aspects (opposed to an in-depth knowledge of only a few domains & aspects).
- understands the sensitivity of the data which will be used to transform and migrate, and has the maturity to handle this data carefully in a professional matter
- can handle a deliverable driven project approach (having project management skills is an asset)
We offer you...
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological marke
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- the opportunity to work for a Microsoft Dynamics Global ISV
- the possibility to work regularly abroad (UK)
- an attractive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem (Ghent), a stone's throw away from the highway
- and... a lot of ‘fun’ moments!