UX DEVELOPER (Sint-Denijs-Westrem)
The User Experience Developer will join an Agile Product R&D Team (Ghent based), responsible for the successful & timely implementation of the UMAX solution to our customers in North America. Our Product Teams consist of a Product Owner, Scrum Master, Architect, Functional-, Technical- and Test-Engineers.
The UX Developer is responsible for the UI code of our UMAX CSS portal, a Customer Self Service application that reaches hundred thousands of users. He/she makes sure that the human interaction with the portal lives up to the high standards of today’s mobile applications in terms of ease-of-use, cognitive and AI related services (e.g. ChatBot Framework Integration), responsiveness and other.
The role is based in Ghent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem).
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our UX Developer, you…
- design, implement and test the UI
- are supported by a graphical designer. Your focus is not on the pixels, but on the user experience and the code
- work as part of an Agile Scrum Team with monthly iterations
Our ideal candidate...
- has a background
- in design with additional development skills, or
- has a strong analytical mind: master’s or bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Computer or Cognitive Sciences.
- has (ideally) previous professional experience with UX development – however we welcome starters too
- has experience with Usability Testing and GUI Design Principles.
- is eager to learn; has great interest in & is committed to keep up with the latest technologies
- is familiar with Mobile First and Responsive Design
- experience in the Microsoft Azure technology stack is a plus
- takes initiative and enjoys being challenged
- is quality driven, solution focused and result oriented
- has excellent oral and written communications skills in Dutch and English
- as a software engineer with additional UX skills
We offer you...
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- the chance to work for a Microsoft Dynamics Global ISV
- an attractive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car (or car allowance)
- modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem (Ghent), a stone's throw away from the highway
- and... a lot of ‘fun’ moments!