TEST MANAGER (UK project) - permanent or contractor
To strengthen our European Project Team, responsible for the successful & timely implementation of the UMAX solution at our customers’ premises (London area, UK), we are looking for an experienced TEST MANAGER. Start: ASAP.
The Test Manager is responsible for managing test activities and coordination of the test consultants who execute testing activities on one dedicated UMAX project (on site). These testing activities take place during the project implementation phase (avg. 24 months) and involve integration, system, acceptance, and regression testing.
The Test Manager is the primary point of contact for delivery quality, and therefore uses his/her experience & skills to ensure the results meet our clients' continued satisfaction after implementation.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Test Manager, you…
- define a unique test strategy for the customer project
- determine and elaborate one standard test approach and methodology (incl. test plans and test reports)
- manage the dedicated test team
- ensure you stay within project budget
- report status and bottlenecks to the Project Manager
- develop customer training on advised methodology and ensure adherence throughout test phase
- advise customer on latest testing methodologies and tools
Our ideal candidate…
- is a dynamic team player looking for a challenge in an evolving, international environment
- has min. 7 years’ experience with Software Test Management (experience with ERP implementation is an asset)
- has experience with structured software testing of commercial software in an external consultative (project) setting (as opposed to internal R&D development testing)
- has experience with defining approach for not only functional testing but also for performance testing, security testing, validation of data migration, reports, batch jobs and end-to-end testing
- has knowledge of & experience with Test Methodologies, Test Automation and Quality Management
- is familiar with Test Tools like DevOps or similar
- is detail oriented and accurate
- has a strong interest in understanding customers’ business processes (functional knowledge)
- is customer oriented and diplomatic
- has excellent oral & verbal communications skills in English
- is willing to work partly at our customers’ premises (near London)
We offer you...
- a UK or Belgium contract, either Permanent or LT freelance
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- long term career development and personal growth
- the opportunity to work for a Microsoft Gold Partner
- a market-conform day rate OR very attractive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car (or allowance)
- modern, spacious headquarters near Ghent, at a stone's throw away from the highway
- regular ‘fun’ moments!