FUNCTIONAL MIGRATION CONSULTANT
The Functional Migration Consultant will join a (Ghent based) European or North American Project Team, responsible for the successful & timely implementation of the UMAX solution at our customers’ premises. He/she is the link between Business and IT on the subject of Data Migration (of master data, contracts, transactions etc.). The Migration Consultant is responsible for the transformation of the data from the legacy system to the UMAX database model and the load to the new database. He/she takes ownership of the test migrations and of the final migration to production.
What is UMAX?
UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Functional Migration Consultant, you…
- interact with customer, functional consultants and technical consultants, and gather the requested information from the different parties
- understand the different data models and have the insight to map the objects of one system to the other
- understand and challenge the functional mapping between legacy and target system provided by the customer and translate it to a high-level mapping and support a technical migration consultant to perform the detailed
- technical mapping
- gather & understand information of every functional domain, to know the impact of the migrated data on the several business processes
- deliver the required criteria in each step, as agreed with the customer and according to planning
- understand the sensitivity of the data which will be used to transform and migrate and have the maturity to handle this data carefully in a professional matter.
- are the link between the functional requirements & designs and the developer that writes the scripts, so a high-level technical knowledge is an asset
- has strong analytical skills: Master’s degree in Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering or Computer sciences
- has knowledge of Data Modeling, Data Transformation and Data Migration
- understands the Utility industry and its business processes; logical processes and data models
- is precise: when in doubt, asks the right questions in order to understand the details
- has experience with large, complex ERP project implementations (MS Dynamics, SAP, Baan, Oracle, …) which include data migration
- is used to work in a project driven environment, consultancy
- has knowledge of SQL server products, ETL tools …
- has excellent oral and written communications skills in Dutch and English
- is willing to be regularly on-site during most of the project phases
- is a hands-on, dynamic team player with true problem-solving mentality
- is driven by quality, client focused and adapts swiftly to fast-paced and quickly changing environments
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- modern headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem, a stone's throw away from the highway
- and… regular ‘fun’ moments!
Our ideal candidate…
We offer you...