Senior Functional Consultant - Billing or Finance
To strengthen our European & North American Operations Team, we are looking for EXPERIENCED FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANTS to join our implementation project teams
- The Senior Functional Consultant will join a (Ghent based) European or North American Project Team, responsible for the successful & timely implementation of the UMAX solution at our customers’ premises.
What is UMAX?
- UMAX integrates CRM, billing, invoicing, cash collection, meter data, asset and service management modules in one solution, offering utilities the tools & processes for effective sales, increased customer contribution margins, reduced lead times and streamlined operations. By doing so, it enables them to take operational performance and customer experience to higher levels, while cutting costs to serve.
As our Senior Functional Consultant, you…
- are the link between Business and IT, on the subjects of Finance or Billing. Key subjects will be: (for Billing) invoice calculation management, interact with the modules Contract and Product Management, manage invoice documents, (for Finance) credit management, processing outgoing and incoming payments, configuration of accounting, manage dunning documents…
- manage customer expectations
- translate Business and Functional requirements into application solutions
- lead and organize meetings & workshops with the customer
- follow up on testing and guarantee quality of the solution
- contribute to the further evolution of the Itineris standard UMAX solution
- take ownership of the assigned modules in the project, interact with other team members (Functional Solution Architect, Developers, Testers…) and challenge peer/junior colleagues to improve their knowledge & skills.
- also collaborate closely with the Project Manager and Service Delivery Consultants
- participate in the project progress meetings and proactively identify risk areas
- apply your expertise to deliver high quality consulting services to new and existing customers
- continuously develop and extend your knowledge within the Utility market, and transfer knowledge to other colleagues
Our ideal candidate…
- has strong analytical skills (master’s degree or equivalent through experience)
- has at least 5-7 years’ experience as a Functional Consultant in Finance or Billing subjects, knowledge of SEPA is welcome • is expert in identifying business requirements and has an excellent understanding of customers’ business
- has a strong interest in IT and has experience with large, complex ERP project implementations
- knowledge of the Utilities sector is a plus, as well as knowledge of the NA and/or the UK ‘culture’
- has excellent oral and written communications skills in Dutch and English
- is willing to travel - depending on the project implementation phase - to the client (for a midweek in case of an EU project, for a week in case of an NA project)
- is a dynamic team player with true problem-solving mentality
- is hands-on, likes to take initiatives and is driven by quality
- is 100% customer oriented and adapts swiftly to fast-paced and quickly changing environments
We offer you...
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- in-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- the possibility to work regularly abroad (EU or US)
- an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- modern, spacious headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem, a stone's throw away from the highway
- and… regular ‘fun’ moments!