As our Financial Controller for North America (NA) you will be responsible for accurate financial reporting and for driving financial forecasts. As NA and BE accounts are heavily intertwined and intercompany transactions are complex, the position requires operational involvement and close collaboration with a.o. HR and PMO on resource allocation, proposal modeling, transfer pricing etc.
You will report to the Itineris Group Controller and be in regular direct contact with your peers in the US. Although you will be based in Ghent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem), occasional travel (1 or 2/year) to our NA head office will be required.
As our Financial Controller, you…
- understand that Itineris’ Finance department focuses on advanced cost calculation & revenue recognition • are excited to turn complex financial and operational data into predictive analyses and reports, enabling Itineris to improve the
- accurateness of the monthly NA revenue & cash inflow forecasts, to anticipate growth, to respond to increasing reporting requests a.s.o.
- become – once fully trained - responsible for the monthly NA and statutory reporting (incl. consolidation of management reports); you highlight risks & opportunities and suggest corrective actions
- assist the Group Controller with Financial Planning & Budgeting
- provide financial support to other departments within the organisation
- streamline financial reporting procedures and - in the context of Itineris’ Digital Transformation challenges - make suggestions for improving and/or automating internal financial processes, work & document flows and reporting
- perform ad hoc tasks like e.g. payroll review, financial reporting of subsidies files …
Our ideal candidate…
- has a Master’s degree in Finance or in Commercial Engineering (ideally with major in Operations Research), or equivalent through experience
- has a first working experience in financial controlling
- has a passion for figures and has strong data-technical & analytical skills
- has a hands-on attitude and a problem solving mentality
- has excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- has excellent oral and written communications skills in Dutch and English
- is a team player who can work autonomously, is quality driven and eager to take initiatives
- are considered a plus:
- a warm welcome! Enthusiastic colleagues will help you integrate and quickly feel at ease with us
- to gain valuable experience in a fast-changing technological market
- In-depth initial training, long term career development and personal growth
- the possibility to work occasionally abroad (US)
- an attractive & competitive salary with fringe benefits, including a company car
- modern, spacious headquarters in St-Denijs-Westrem, a stone's throw away from the highway
- and… regular ‘fun’ moments!
o experience in the software engineering or professional services industry
o experience in managerial accounting and/or transfer pricing
o knowledge of the accounting standards (IFRS 15 etc.)
We offer you...